Surabaya European School is the only British curriculum based international school in Surabaya to combine three prestigious programs for children between the ages of 3 to 16. We provide a Montessori education for students from ages 3-6, the Cambridge and the International Primary Curriculum for junior school students, and the Cambridge and British National Curriculum for secondary school students, which culminates in the Cambridge IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) qualification.
Our consistent focus for students is on high academic standards, essential life skills and a sense of responsibility to the community all within the framework of a ‘family like’ atmosphere. As an international school we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive school community. We also ensure that each student receives the educational support they need while being challenged to extend themselves according to their individual potential.
To assist our students in their growth Surabaya European School offers:
- the highest ratio of native English speaking students
- small classes (18 or less) for children aged 3 to 16
- highly qualified staff who have years of international school teaching experience to draw upon and are proficient in the Cambridge/British International Curriculum as well as numerous other international and national curricula
- specialist subject teachers for all secondary school subjects and for art, physical education and second languages in primary school
- externally administered examinations that allows student progress to be tracked against international benchmarks
- frequent reporting to parents and an open door policy the facilitates continuous opportunities for communication between parents, teachers and school leadership